Versatile Radio Over IP Gateway
The VE-PG3 is designed to enhance the communication coverage of a radio network and the convenience of radio usage by leveraging IP networking technology with ease of implementation.
The VE-PG3 has two modes; converter mode and bridge mode. The converter mode converts radio audio into VoIP/analog phone calls and allows interconnection between connected equipment. The bridge mode connects two or more radio sites over an IP network and received radio audio is bridged to opposing radio sites of the network. The bridge mode can connect dispersed radio sites over the network and can provide cross band, cross category communication.
A radio user (both IDAS™ and analog* radio user) can initiate phone calls using DTMF code and can connect to other users via an IP phone or PSTN line. Phone users can make individual calling and group calling to the IDAS™ radio site. In the analog radio site, called users are subject to the fixed calling configuration of the connected radio. * Limited to radios with DTMF encoder/decoder capability.
Remote Communicator Software, RC-FS10 (Common to converter & bridge mode)
The optional RC-FS10 remote communicator creates an IP-based virtual radio on a PC and works as simple dispatch station. The RC-FS10 can be used with an IDASTM NXDNTM system and analog radio system via the VE-PG3.
External Equipment Connection (Common to converter & bridge mode)
The VE-PG3 has two external equipment connectors for audio input/output and other switching. Public address system, siren, warning light and other external equipment can be connected to the VE-PG3.
Serial Pass-through Function (Common to converter & bridge mode)
The serial pass-through function allows you to remotely control connected equipment from an PC via RS-232C interface. The virtual serial port software is supplied with the VE-PG3.
Site-to-multisite Radio Communication
When the IP network system is compatible with IP multicast routing, three or more VE-PG3s can be connected in the bridge mode & provide site-to-multisite radio communication
The mixing function mixes the bridged audio to the other bridges. It can provide site-to-multisite type communication even on a network which does not support IP multicast routing.
Cross Band/Cross Category Connection*
Cross band/cross category connection is possible between VHF/UHF land mobile, marine VHF and air band frequencies. Optional audio connection cables allow you to connect a transceiver or repeater easily. In addition, the SM-26 or HM-152 can be connected directly to the VE-PG3 via the optional
OPC-2276 connection cable.
* Cross band/cross category operation may be prohibited in some countries. Please confirm legal requirements in your country before installation.
Other Features (Common to converter & bridge mode)
• Web-based configuration
• IP router function: PPPoE/IPv6 bridge, NAT, Dynamic DNS, VPN pass through, IP filter, SNMP and SYSLOG
• USB flash drive connection for firmware update and data backup and restore
• Power supply : 12V DC ±10%, max. 1.1A (main unit), 16W Max. (with supplied AC adapter)
• Operating temp. range : 0°C to +40°C
• Operating humidity : 5% to 95% RH
• Dimensions (W×H×D) : 232×38×168 mm
• Weight (main unit only) : 800 g (Approx.)
• Regulatory compliance : FCC (Part 15 Class B/Part 68), TIA 868-B, ICES-003, ICCS-03 CE Mark, ETSI ES 203 021, ETSI EG 201 121 (Advisory Note)
• LAN/WAN : RJ-45 connectors ×2, 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX
• Telephone set : RJ-11 connector ×1
• Telephone line : RJ-11 connectors ×2
• Transceiver/repeater : Quick connectors ×2
• External equipment : Quick connectors ×2
• USB : Standard A receptacle ×2
• Equipment is locally and nationally well supported in Australia.
• Over 50 years of engineering and production excellence.
• Equipment is tested to environmental and to US Military standard 810 specifications.
• Offers a modern approach to traditional analogue techniques with interoperability options.